Tuesday, July 10, 2007

4 Weeks Post-Op... And I re-injured Frankenknee

For the past week, Christian's Mum has been here helping me out. I'm SO glad that she was able to come out here (it was her first trip to the lovely Tejas). Keely stayed the whole week here, so my Mum was given a bit of a break (one kid is 100 times easier to deal with than two).

On Thursday last week, I was adjusting myself on the couch and re-injured my knee. The good news is that I don't need immediate surgery. The bad news is the screw shifted (you can see the head of it bumped up under the skin) and the past 4 weeks of recovery was wasted. I am back with the immobilizer locked straight and in quite as much pain as week 2. As soon as Frankenknee is 110% healed, the Doctor will have to take the screw out.

SO.... that's the past week in a nut-shell. I'm just thrilled that I didn't have to have everything reopened right then and there!!!

My poor Mum is stuck with the kids living with her much longer now.... AND since school will start in a month.... she's going to be having to take them to and from school (and I will miss Keely's first day of kindergarten). Oh that poor woman.

2 comments:

Rachel Slagle said...

I am so sorry to hear about your reinjury - how sucky! I am sad for you that you will have to miss Keely's first day of kindergarten - what a BIG bummer!!

Jeannett said...

How AWFUL! So sorry for poor Frankenknee! I can't believe it was that easy to re-injure! Hang in there, it'll be over soon! I hope...