Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Dad's Birthday Party

Keely decided she wanted to throw Gramps a birthday party. So, it was up to me to do the cake. I started out with a 2-layer chocolate cake that had a banana filling with rings of banana in it. I was going to frost the top, but decided to go potty first. Colin wanted to help with the cake, so while I was out of the room, he dumped the cake on the floor. Oooppppssssss.
Quickly, I grabbed another box of cake mix and whipped up cake #2. Simple devil's food cake with chocolate frosting. In an effort to jazz it up, I grabbed a bag of mini marshmallows (meant for a batch of colourful Marshmallow Fluff for this week) and improvised. This was the result :)I made Dad a beanie (during the winter he complained his ears were cold) in hopes of the kids carrying on the tradition of stealing his beanie and wearing it every time he tried to move :) Colin asked for a matching one to Gramps. (This is the Birthday boy with his gift. He rolled it up due to it being a rather warm evening). I'm pretty sure that the highlight of the party was the fact that a super scary Thunderstorm was in the Dallas area. Luckily, we got a weak strand of it, but other areas had some pretty nasty weather. There was ping pong sized hail, massive lightening strikes, tornadoes, massive winds that devastated areas... We watched it all on the news.

No comments: