Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Am.... Employed!?!?!?!

It happened purely by chance. I really didn't want to start working so soon, but I knew it would be inevitable once Colin started kindergarten. 7 hours a day 5 days a week alone.... I would go insane. Yes, I have my crafts to keep me busy and happy. Yes, I am actually starting to make some money doing my crafts... but that's a lot of hours to keep sane alone in a house.

Yesterday I was at Joann's doing a little shopping. The cutting counter gals all know me, so we talk and joke around as they cut my fabric. One of the gals mentioned to me that Viking/Husqvarna is hiring. They are the little department inside Joann's that sell sewing machines, embroidery machines, felt embellishers and overlocks. I took an application since I was there and went home. Christian and I talked about it for quite a while and he really wanted me to go for it. Well, I turned in my application, we talked about my availability and was hired right then and there. The manager recognized me since I have talked to her quite a few times to learn more about my serger. SSSOOOO.... I start Thursday. I will be selling machines and teaching classes to the people who purchase a machine.

The reason I accepted the job is she is willing to work around the kids. I will work 9a-2p. I will be home to pick the kids up from school. Unfortunately i will be working on weekends, but again, she is willing to work around my kids. If it doesn't work out... I don't have to stay.

3 comments:

Jeannett said...

Yippee! Congrats...and great attitude...I mean, how awesome to work, but know that if it's too much you can walk away.

Rachel Slagle said...

how exciting and what a perfect place for you to work :) sometimes i wish that i had a part-time job - but i know that i would miss dillon too much.

Marcia Fiedorowicz said...

You know... I'm still feeling very undecided about it. I keep crossing my fingers that I will hit good commissions early and be able to walk away within 6 weeks with some cash under my belt...