Friday, September 7, 2007

My Scariest Moment in Texas

While living here, we have come across some pretty intense storms. One storm was so crazy, it struck a 2 story home within a mile from us and set it on fire. We have seen lightening strike the cornfields nearby. We have had tornadoes come near our home and seen the devastation in nearby towns. We have had major flooding... but nothing comes close to what happened last night.

We have Terminex come out to take care of the bugs in the home and yard. Haven't had a bug problem since. A few stray ants or an occasional spider. No big deal. Last night, after the kids were in bed, Christian and I were watching TV in the living room. Bailey (the dog) got up and started to play with a bug (throwing it around with her mouth). I figured it was just a fly that got into the house since flies are her favourite to play with. I looked at the bug and realized it was a freaking SCORPION!!! It was about 1 1/2" long and had it's tail in the attack position. I don't know how she didn't get stung by it since she was playing with it for a good 30 seconds!!! I freaked out, Christian squished it into the carpet. Now I'm terrified to let the animals go outside. Where there is one, there usually is two.

I had nightmares last night about it. Terminex is getting a call and they better get their butts out here and respray everything! Especially since I know it didn't just walk in through the closed door!!!

2 comments:

Rachel Slagle said...

Ok, so if it was me and there was a scorpion in my house I think I would have died - literally! How scary!!

Sunday Afternoon Housewife said...

YIKES!