Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm not dead...

It's been a month. I have had a few ask if I'm dead. Nope... just head in the clouds.

Colin is doing SO SO SO well in school. I can't believe the change between this year and last. Yes, he has matured and I worked my bumm off over the summer to help him control some of his anger issues, but this teacher... he adores her and she works SSSOOO well with him!!!!

Keely's school year... well, you can probably guess how it is going. Not much has changed between this year and last. This week I have started a new reward system for her behaviours at school. granted, I am on two days in, but I have seen progress already!!! Let's hope this lasts a few weeks!!!

Work. We all know how hesitant I was to go back. We all know I wanted to stay home and sew all day long. So, now that I have been there a month, what do I think. I think it's a great job for me. 9-2. I'm off in time to pick the kids up from school. I'm guaranteed at least one of the weekend days off. I get to make embroideries each day. I get to play on sewing machines. Once I "learn" all the machines, I will be able to take my own projects in and work on my stuff there. I guess it's pretty great. The hourly is pretty horrible, but the commissions are nice; not a lot, but enough to make a difference... surprise money each check.

I am trying to get my trip to England planned for March over Easter. Auntie Sheila is SSSOOO excited about it. I really think that due to her age and health, someone really must make the attempt to get to know the family there. Someone has to keep the lines of communication going. If we don't we lose that huge branch of the family. I can't wait. Most of you know it has ALWAYS been my dream to go to England. I just never did anything about it... until now. I have a friend who lives in England and he said he will be my tour guide :)

I have sewn 6 skirts over the month. I have to dress "semi-professional" for work. We all know I have my wrap skirts... Elvis, giant mermaids... my Peter Pan syndrome lives in thru my clothes. Now I actually have to look... decent. In the beginning, I thought it was going to be the deal breaker for the job! It's not so bad. I actually have been enjoying the skirts. *gasp* Yes, you heard it right. I don't mind the skirts. I do get to have my pigtails, so I think that has helped the situation!!!!!

I have to confess that I have been reading the Twilight series. First Amy told me about them. Then 'Stina. Then 'Stina talked my mum into reading Twilight and I got my hands on it moments after she finished. I started and thought it was lame. I couldn't believe that THIS is what EVERYONE was talking about. It was so... high schhol angst. Then it happened.... I became a girl obsessed. Maybe that's half the reason that I haven't been sewing much... I've had my nose stuck in the books as often as I can!!! It is NO Harry Potter, but I am head over heels in love with Edward Cullins!

My brain is all over the place. Sorry for the disjointed blog. This past month my head has been in the clouds.

Well, it's 6am now. I really must get up and moving. I have lunches to make, myself to get ready, kitties to feed, kids to wake.... fun fun fun!

No comments: