Tuesday, June 19, 2007

1 Week Post-Op

It's been a week since surgery. I feel pretty bad still. It was much worse than the doctor thought before. The pain pills have been very helpful. For the next two weeks, my therapy is to "wiggle my toes." I won't be able to put weight on it for 8 weeks. The meds make it very hard for me to think/type straight. I feel like a wreck. At least I got to have a shower!! After one week, I was pretty disgusting. The kids will be at my Mum's for who knows how long. They are both pretty upset with me; they won't talk to me on the phone. I saw Keely the day before yesterday and she was herself and had to leave right away for hurting me intentionally. She didn't even say hi to me or sit with me. Colin came over yesterday and he was glued to my side and cried when he had to leave. He kept saying, "Daddy, I promise I be good and not hurt Mommy so I can sleep at home. I promise Daddy!" When Christian carried him out of the house, I sobbed my little heart out. My parents are bringing them over today, we are going to load me into the wheelchair, and go to the playground all together. I sure hope that this doesn't backfire!!!

That's all for now. Time to nap again.

No comments: